Monday, July 28, 2008

Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries...


I took Thursday and Friday off last week and thought I would get so much done around the house on my 4-day weekend. Wrong! My mistake was picking cherries from our one little, seven-foot tall sour cherry tree. The kids and I picked 4 large bowls full of cherries with many more still on the tree. When we were done, I'd bet the tree grew another 3 feet from the branches being weighed down with all that fruit! Just kidding. I ended up spending the rest of the day and most of Saturday evening cleaning, pitting and cooking cherries. I made freezer jam and stewed cherries with amaretto that is heavenly over vanilla ice cream!

1 comment:

Skylette said...

Okay, so when you were telling me about the amaretto, my mouth starting watering! :) I might have to steal that recipe (and the know how to make it)!