Thursday, September 24, 2009

You Know Your Child Needs a Pet When...

This weekend the kids and I stopped by the home of some friends. They have a retriever who is laid back and LOVED the attention Braelyn lavished on her. After we left their home, Braelyn informed me that she was getting a Dalmation. "Oh, really," I said. " And what is your Dalmation going to be called?" Without skipping a beat, she answered in the exasperated voice that only a three-year-old can do, "Blue Rosie." I then proceeded to quiz her about who would feed Blue Rosie. "I will," was the reply. I then asked the big question, "Who is going to take care of Blue Rosie's poop?" Again, the exasperated voice answered, "I will. I will flush the toilet for her when she's done." How do you follow that one?

4 comments:

jody said...

so funny.
I might even consider having a dog if only it were that easy :)

Lisa Smith said...

I love it! She is so sweet :0)

~Tara~Nick~Isaiah~ said...

At least it was a Dalmation she was asking for and not a little brother-the little mother that she is!

Unknown said...

that is sooooo cute, love the answer!